“Summertime, and the livin' is easy” (G. Gershwin), especially with DoudouLinux as you now know since this is our main goal ;). We've just uploaded several new dailybuilds to let you test our new features with your children during the long summer break. Here are some screenshots and screencasts:
You can download the dailybuilds from our Dailybuild download section. The file names follow the pattern
doudoulinux-2012-06-*, LiveCD and LiveUSB images are available. We provide these builds in English, French, Italian, Russian and Spanish. An ARM™ version for Genesi Efika is available as well, in English and French only:
- FR Image : Azerty (Belgian) and French language default configuration.
- EN Image : Qwerty (US) and English language default configuration.
NB: root password is still efika in ARM™ builds ;-).
Our development version is still under intense work. The main new features are the following:
- new application Piano Booster, to teach playing the piano
- audio output selector can now identify HDMI audio outputs
- automatically connects MIDI piano keyboards to Timidity at hotplug
- automatically changes the audio output when an USB audio card is (un)plugged
- automatically changes the monitor/screen when (un)plugged
- automatically manages removable disks (the file manager is simply shown)
- updated application icons translation
- now sends DBus notifications when applications are started/quited
And the main bug fixes are the following:
charge_fullcan be named
- fixed screen brightness changed twice when keys are already mapped in hardware
- fixed OSD not shown in GDM
- fixed unable to quit session if the exit button is removed from launcher
- fixed Timidity not restarted when audio output is changed
- fixed GHelp issue (solves #462)
Although we still haven't brought all the feature we would like, we are getting closer to the final release that will replace our current stable release named Gondwana. The feature we are really lacking is a real and easy installer that doesn't require to be already installed on the LiveCD. You can help if you want to :). For this reason, the development version will not be turned into the next stable release before September, instead of June as planned initially.